Legal Network Member: Wiggin
Wiggin LLP are specialists in media, technology, and IP. They advise clients on the financing, exploitation, and protection of their creative and commercial assets in these sectors.
- United Kingdom
Wiggin is a law firm focused on media, technology, and IP. They advise clients on the financing, exploitation, and protection of their creative and commercial assets in these sectors.
Wiggin’s IP team specializes in protecting clients’ rights robustly and creatively. They are renowned for online content, anti-piracy and anti-counterfeiting work and have been at the forefront of the most significant cases in this field. Those cases have created important precedents, which have both challenged established thinking and developed the law around online enforcement. The team understands the digital space: rights must be protected globally with adaptable, intelligence-led solutions and enforcement strategies.
Wiggin’s experience includes:
- Setting key legal precedents for applying copyright and trademark laws to the online environment.
- Establishing and developing site blocking as an effective means of addressing online piracy.
- Pioneering online strategies to combat counterfeit goods.
- Successfully representing content owners in complex IP actions against unlicensed online services.
- Advising on legislative developments concerning intermediary liability.
- Co-ordinating multi-jurisdictional IP enforcement actions.
Wiggin’s expertise in online content protection led to the creation of Incopro
More broadly, their IP specialists are recognized leaders in brand protection, including trademark litigation and portfolio management services; Wiggin has particular expertise in design law; they have busy patent litigation and licensing practice, and undertake stand-alone commercial IP work. They are widely recognized for their strategic IP advice.
The strength and depth of Wiggin’s IP team is reflected in the many accolades that the team has won, including Managing IP’s ‘UK Copyright Firm of the Year’ in 2018 and 2019 and ‘UK Trademark Team of the Year’ award at the 2019 Global IP Awards.
“Highly skilled, deeply knowledgeable, extremely hardworking and generously accessible IP lawyers who regularly handle landmark cases.”World Trade Mark Review, 2019
“Wiggin rules the roost when it comes to trademark practice in the United Kingdom; it has cutting-edge expertise in non-traditional marks, designs, international brand strategy, portfolio management, litigation, alternative dispute resolution and transactions”WTR 1000, 2019
- The Global IP Awards - Trademark Law Firm of the Year, UK, 2019
- Managing Intellectual Property - Firm of the Year, 2019
Partner & Head of Intellectual Property Practice
Partner in the Intellectual Property Litigation Group
Request your Demo
The demo is personalized for you. Get answers to your questions and find out why Incopro is the right choice for you.